.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

November 14, 2005

Toro ~

Last week, I was exasperated beyond belief. Early in August I switched from ATT to Verizon, but ATT kept right on posting bills to me. Their reimbursement continued without interruption because of our prior automatic payment arrangement. I phoned them repeatedly, but pressing one button after another with each of the options offered never got me to a real live person.
Finally, in desperation, I called Jim Montalto, my broker at Merrill Lynch, to check with him about turning off the automatic payment process. He asked Ann Avesato, his girl Friday, to come to the phone. She, with a speed and savvy that belong to another world, quickly maneuvered ATT and me into a 3-way conversation. It was unbelievably effective. In no time flat, she brought the whole situation to a happy and successful conclusion. She left me breathless with admiration and gratitude.
We do not ordinarily expect major investment institutions to apply their resources at such personal levels. But then, these companies are staffed with human beings who when properly approached are ready and eager to offer helpful intervention. I have always found this to be the case at Merrill Lynch. In retrospect, no one has been more gracious than Jim Montalto, a man who brings unparalleled expertise to his thoughtful and timely advice. But Ann, who I referred to as his girl Friday, is beyond description. She is a girl for every day of the week and every week of the month. Happily, I learned from her that when you are trapped in an endless loop of button pressing, just tap on the "O" button. That will bring a person to the phone. Kudos to you Ann and Jim and to my company of companies, Merrill Lynch.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dom,

Loved your blog. Ann will be especially appreciative. You're right . . . She does it every day.

Jim

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Gabriele,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Jim showed me your "blog" I was truly touched. It means so much to me to hear what I am doing for my clients is appreciated.

It has been and always will be my pleasure to help you

Take care and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones :-)

Ann

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Gabriele,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Jim showed me your blog. I was truly touched. It means so much to me to hear that what I am doing for my clients is appreciated. It has been and always will be my pleasure to help you.

Take care and Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones :-)

Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home