.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

January 11, 2007

Be Civic ~

Interesting, but not totally unusual day ~

Drove with Lenore to medical appointment this morning.
Same 2 week old, very slight vibration of steering wheel.
Stopped at Target on way home ~ Awesome store!
At parking lot, passerby tells me my left rear tire needs air.
Went directly to Brewster Honda.
While waiting, met Karen ~ Fascinating young woman.
Works at leaddogmarketing.com ~ it markets sporting events.
Guess what ~ She once knew my grandson Neil Gabriele.
A few years ago, he was her group’s fourth employee.
They now have thirty eight.
We exchanged website URL’s.
Honda shows me 2 nails they pulled out of tire.
Two options ~ repair or replace the tire.
Too old to risk unnecessary uncertainty ~ Replace!
Eternal gratitude to the guy who spotted my deflating tire.
Thank you Honda for speedily resolving my problem.
Stopped at Baldwin A&P.
Fantastic store ~ Found everything we needed.
Drove home.
My Civic once again drives as smooth as silk.
Got home happily and safely.
Blog had many visitors today ~ One from Singapore
Lenore and I prepared and ate a fantastic "gourmet dinner"
While she had Chianti, I sipped (what else?) Jack Daniels.

And how was your day?
Hey Papa ~ Just saw your post about running into Karen Ashnault. That is an amazing coincidence. How did you make the connection? I enjoyed working with her. How are you doing? Things in Westport are good. Katie and Annie are great (they are keeping us very busy) Happy New Year! ~ Neil
Hi Neil ~ You know me, "Civic" is my middle name. Many years ago I discovered that people are eager to communicate. Everyone has things to share and talk about. When she told me about her occupation, it was perfectly natural for me to ask her if your paths had ever crossed. I'll forward your e-letter to her. Happy to hear that all is well in Westport ~ Papa