.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

March 6, 2005

Incredible!

These Shoes Have Walked!
Scout’s honor, I am not shilling for the Rockport Shoe people. But I do think they deserve more than honorable mention for the very high quality and astonishing durability they built into this modestly priced pair of walking shoes. I have come to love them so much, I sometimes take them to bed with me.
Before we read on, enlarge the foto above by left clicking on it. Then look carefully at both shoes and check them for signs of wear. To return to the Post, left click on the Left-pointing Arrow in the upper left corner of your screen.
How many of us have ever seriously wondered about how far we have walked on any of our shoes? For most of us that is not the kind of information we factor into our personal database. But know this, Lenore and I do keep an accurate, cumulative log of our outside walks here in Heritage Hills and we average about 390 miles a year over snow, ice, rain and the steaming heat of some torrid summer days. Now believe it or not, according to our figures, in the past 2½ years I have road walked nearly 980 miles (1,568 kilometers) on these shoes. That is roughly the distance between NYC and Chicago. And this does not include any of the walking I do around the house and elsewhere, every day. I am talking here, only about the registered mileage we annually trudge on asphalt surfaced roads, up and down this community of hills and valleys. Question??? ~ how many miles are still left in these two remarkable shoes? If I live long enough, we'll see.
Nota Bene: To take this closeup photo, I placed both shoes on a small shelf about 2-feet from the arm rest of our sofa. But I needed 2-inches more of height in order to center the picture in the lens. A tripod would have been awkward. So guess what I used on the arm rest to center the camera perfectly, the Holy Bible!

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE HOLY BIBLE!!!

I guess we could say your shoe has a great "soul" (sole/soul)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home