.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

March 24, 2005

Foto Time!

Mark Vergari a First Rate Photographer

Fate has contrived to cast a glaring spotlight on my senescent endeavors to produce brand new scorecards for the East Hill and West Hill courses of the Somers Pointe Golf Club. The Journal News will publish an article to this effect in its May edition of the Suburban Golfer. Towards this end, the newspaper scheduled me to be photographed today by Mark Vergari and interviewed by Andrew Gross on March 30.

My foto session with Mark Vergari was an interesting experience. In the extended years of my life, I have had occasion to see many people, amateurs as well as professionals, practice their metiers and I tend to make intuitive judgements as to their respective competence, skills and commitment to their work. Mark ranks with the best I have seen.

He is genuinely cordial and congenial, qualities that are indispensable in his profession. As he unpacked his gear and set the scenes for his picture taking, he exuded competence and a multi-dimensioned panoply of skills. Having so totally and abysmally unphotogenic a subject as me, for his model, tested his devotion to his work. He passed it with room to spare. With his camera at every conceivable angle, he focused on aspects of me that even my wife has not yet explored.

In designing our new scorecards, I am making serious efforts to respond to every specification, technical and esthetic, proposed by our club’s Course Superintendent, our PGA Golf Professional and the newest member of our local managerial Board, the vibrantly intelligent young catalyst, Maria Sanyshyn. With their input, the accepted design will set a high and proper standard for Somers Pointe.

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading the upcoming article and seeing your photo in the May issue of the Suburban Golfer. I'm sure Andrew will find you very interesting - as we all do.
Love - Lorna

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, SPGC's best kept secret, Dr. G., will be given the recognition he deserves.

Happy birthday to Lenore. I hope everyone enjoys her birthday celebration. Dr. G, your tribute to Lenore on 3/16 was beautiful!

Enjoy the weekend, Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home