.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

March 25, 2006

A birthday is nigh!

In two more days, Lenore will turn 89. As I never tire of noting, I was her blind date at the St Valentine's dance-party held by Milwaukee's Evangelical Deaconess Hospital in 1939. She had just graduated from the nursing school at that hospital and I was finishing my senior year at Marquette University's School of Medicine. Together, we have richly nurtured our rapidly growing family tree.

These beautiful flowers were sent by my niece Christine Stelmack. They added much happiness and brightness to an otherwise very dismal day.

Thank you Chrissy, we love you dearly ~

Comments: www.domgab85@aol.comBest

Thank you, everyone. Birthday wishes have been received from every member of our family and from our many beloved friends. Flowers are blooming everywhere in our home and I keep hearing myself humming "Tip toe, thru the tulips ..." as I walk from room to room. No one I know is so dearly loved as Lenore, a woman without an iota of malevolence in her entire system. I consider myself to be most fortunate to have been her husband for so many happy years ~ Dom