.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

June 9, 2005

Guardian Angel


EMT David Jacobsen, Command Security, Supervisor
As my wife, Lenore, lay screaming with pain after she fell on our dining room floor, I came within a whisker of committing a major clinical blunder ~ I tried to raise her to her feet. God be praised! I was unable to do so!
Within moments after calling 911, David Jacobsen was at the door. Sharp-eyed, he noted that her left foot was turned outwards. It made him suspect that she might have broken her left hip. We called for the Paramedics. Within no time flat, Lenore was professionally ambulanced to the emergency room of our local Hospital. X-rays revealed she had indeed fractured her hip. Had I actually succeeded in raising Lenore to her feet, I would surely have added a dislocation factor to her serious injury. David saved me from complicating it.
Many of us are blithely unaware that there are numerous people out there who are more than ready to quickly lend a helping and often life-saving hand. David Jacobsen is one of those guardian angels. Nobly motivated and intensively trained, he is fully prepared to contribute his paramedical expertise in any situation to which he has been summoned.
My wife and I are profoundly grateful and beholden to David and also to our condominium staff for its unrelenting efforts to keep our community more than just adequately served.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home