.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

July 7, 2008

Cheers !


Today is my ninety fourth birthday ~

Why I have been granted this degree of longevity is known only to the fates. But I am grateful (even though the gift comes with assorted pains and strange disabilities). My father and mother died when they were 84 and my only two siblings expired several years ago. I am my immediate family’s lone survivor.

My wife, Lenore, is 91. She and I continue to live our lives together, in our own home. At our advanced ages, we are enjoying many opportunities to more fully explore and probe the meanings and depths of love. May our family and friends who follow us, find similar happy paths through this awesome and trackless wilderness, we call life.
Comments: mailto:domgab1914@comcast.net
If you see the Dow rise during this trading session, it's because the NYSE has just discovered that today is my birthday . And please don't fail to notice that President Bush celebrates his birthdays on July 6th, which makes us "quasi birthmates." It may explain why I can often feel his pain (and revel in his glory) ~ Dom Gabriele
Papa ~ Hope you have a great day. Don't forget, you still have to walk on your birthday ~ Love ya ~ Bruce
94! Congrats! Sorry I won't be able to see you tonight ~ I'm stuck working late, seemingly forever ~ Brian
Hi Dommie ~ I hope you have a great birthday today and that it's filled with lots of good things!!!!! ~ Chrissy
Happy Birthday!!! ~ Apparently good, dolce genes were imported from Abbruzzi and Sicily ~ Con Amore ~ Paolucci and Brianna
Hi Uncle Dom ~ Just wanted to wish you a belated birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day. Lots of love ~ Amanda
Hi Dad ~I've been thinking about you all day. Hope you're having a great birthday. I'm still at the office. Just about ready to head home now. Enjoy the rest of your day. Love you Dad, so very, very much! ~ Loretta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home