.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

November 10, 2008

Hail to Obama !


Straws in the Wind . . .
Whereas until now, most black leaders, with the singular exception of Reverend Martin Luther King, preached mainly about black victim-hood, Barack Obama has firmly seized the torch and is now lighting up a more fertile and less ambiguous path for our young blacks to follow.

The Sharptons, the Jacksons, the Wrights, and so many others of that mindset, have succeeded only in keeping the black community deeply mired in a miasma of anger, hatred, and self-loathing. From their incendiary pulpits, they spawned only hostility and dismay. But in utter contrast, Obama, having no ancestral ties to slavery, is demonstrating by his zeal and example that America will exultantly respond to the sincerity of its citizenry and will dependably provide the resources to help each of us to find our way.

As my readers already know, I am a 95 year old, conservative, white male who has navigated on all sides of our political fences and I do not hesitate to admit that I did not cast my ballot for Obama. Leaving the ambivalence of his wife aside, I strongly disagree with many of his and the current Democratic Party’s expressed points of view. More importantly, I especially cannot condone his woefully injudicious choices of soul-mates and his adamant reluctance to denounce them, before he is publicly compelled to do so. But nevertheless, I can clearly see that with his victory, a brand new day may have dawned for many of our downtrodden, cruelly misled blacks. The question now is, will they continue to allow him and others like him (Bill Cosby, for instance) to lead them out of the wilderness? With my dampened forefinger extended upwards, I can strongly sense a catalyzing, affirmative response in the air! Don't you?

Comment: mailto:domgab1914@comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home