.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

October 27, 2008

Sudokumania!


If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it

In these days of Alzheimers and related dementias of the aged, it is so good to see that many of us are making serious efforts to keep our brains cerebrating. To help to do so, much can be said about the value of doing crosswords regularly, and not enough can be said about solving Sudokus - that remarkably popular Japanese puzzle (which originated here in the U.S.)

I’ve been doing Sudokus for a few years and my mania for this fascinating puzzle keeps growing. In addition to a crossword, I always do one or two Sudokus at bedtime. Solving them gives me a very special good feeling that even helps me to fall asleep. The more I’ve done, the more I have learned about solving them - and I am still learning new tricks.

Just recently, I came across Web Sudoku on Google. This is an amazingly versatile and user-friendly program. With it you can quickly print large-squared copies of the puzzle in any level of difficulty (even EVIL and EXTREME). Or if you like, you can also do the puzzles directly on your computer without having to go online. And incredibly, the program has gazillions of puzzles for you to draw from.

Believe me, I am not a shill for the company. But I would be less than forthcoming if I didn’t mention that this program is free to try, easily bought, and easily downloaded. It costs only $14.95. Just type the word Sudoku on your Google address line and the very first reference you will encounter is Web Sudoku. Can’t be easier ~ Enjoy! "Vive la cerebration!"
Comment: mailto:domgab1914@comcast.net
Thanks for the tip. I am now trying it and I am finding it very interesting and challenging. I hope this will help to restrain my hovering Alzheimers ~ Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home