.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

October 11, 2008

Lux Omnipotens



A Singular Honor
Suddenly, during all the darkness and gloom of this past week's politico-economic global situation, a scintillating shaft of light broke through and illuminated my horizon with a life-buoying incandescence. I was apprised by my granddaughter, Elaine Connery, that she has been using my blog, The Horn, as her browser’s Home Page.

We all have our browsers and most of us continue to rely on the home page that was automatically selected for us when we first opened our computer. About the only additions some of us may have made to it are the favorite bookmarks we use to surf the net.

But Elaine has found it an unusual comfort to view The Horn’s entry page when she is about to navigate the internet. With a quick glance she reads what's posted and because of the particular orientation of my blog, she can stay abreast of any breaking family news. Besides its soothing words from the Archangel, the entry page also has two convenient hyperlinks, one is my e-mail address and the other gives immediate access to Google news, a news website like none other.

May I suggest to other internet surfers in my family (and even to my friends) that they consider doing as Elaine has done? If it does nothing else for us, it will help to keep us closer to each other.

Thank you Elaine, you have added much needed luster and brightness to my sunset . . .

Comment: mailto:domgab1914@comcast.net
Hi Papa ~ I am so very glad that the information I shared with you about having your blog set up as my homepage, has added "luster and brightness to your sunset". I feel that seeing your blog each and every day keeps me close to you and nan. I love you both dearly! Ray and I look forward to reading your informative stories as well as your words of wisdom (especially your political analyses)! You bring a peace and joy to my day when I see your blog! ~ Love, Elaine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home