.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

September 30, 2008

Oh Say Can You SEE?


The Miracle of Cataract Surgery
That one’s vision (seriously impaired by cataract opacity) can be fully restored, is an incredible accomplishment of modern day ophthalmic surgery and plastic technology.

Advanced in years (95), my rapidly diminishing vision, beyond correction by stronger lenses, was making my life a barely endurable hardship. No longer able to read a book or a newspaper, my only visual solace depended upon how close I could get to my computer’s monitor and how large I could make the fonts I needed to read.

And yet, just thinking about having cataract surgery caused me more angst than I could tolerate. But, as more of my aging peers extolled the simplicity of the procedure and its miraculous benefits, I reluctantly resolved to submit. Indeed, I went whole hog; I had both eyes done! I am happy to report that the procedure is discomfort-free and it rarely takes more than 15 minutes to complete.

Am I pleased with the result? Beyond description! With my vision now fully restored, my gratitude is boundless. I unceasingly extend it to my peers who encouraged me and to my Mount Kisco Medical Group Ophthalmologist, Dr Michael Cohen, whose operative skills and optic omniscience, make him a paragon among truly helpful professionals. (Would it surprise you to know he is also a low handicap golfer?)
By The Dawn's Early Light . . .
Comments:
mailto:domgab1914@comcast.net

9/30 ~ Ecstasy can come to us in different ways. It came to me last night, when after I blew the dust from my bedside copy of Plato’s Republic, I was able to read a whole chapter with long forgotten nostalgic ease and satisfaction ~ The Horn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home