.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Horn

November 2, 2006

Bless you, Mike


Dear Dom Gabriele,
I have read that there are 10,000 new blogs a day. I got to yours because I simply pressed the "last blog" button on the blogspot interface. But I see from your profile that you are a Physiciatrist (I bet that’s not spelled correctly). I am a heavy sleeper, but I dream a lot, all about real situations and real people. But, over the last few years, I have had a recurring dream, a bad dream, a nightmare! It always takes the same form, I have an inner dread that I have done something to reveal myself to Police? or Prison guards? and I’m going to be locked up! And I’ve brought this on myself. End of dream.
Can a dream look into the future? Or can they be self fulfilling? Because it seems to me that is just about what I am now doing. This blog of mine started as an experiment. I did have a website entitled "Needatourmanager" (I am a tour manager) but after a lot of hard work, and money, my hits were ~ NIL. So, I thought I'd try a more interesting title and see what happens. And now, I just cannot stop blogging. So far everything is already known to the Police, albeit it happened 40 years ago. Seeing your blog, it looks as if fate is taking a hand. I hope you don't mind me writing to you. Yours truly ~ Mike Owen, Wales, UK
Mike, It would be un-ethical for me to use this medium to offer you clinical advice, but your letter compels me to make an appropriate response. Your vivid dreams have long engaged you in a process of self-analysis. They keep driving you to search for more explicit ways to diminish your fear and guilt. And now that you have started to blog, you may have discovered an even more effective way to confront that Macbethian "damned spot." Bless you, Mike ~ Dom Gabriele
Hello Dom, Thanks for your quick reply to my e mail. No, definitely do not remove your comments. There is no need to, I am quite sure what you say is what you think. Whether or not you are correct, in my case, I cannot say. Maybe it will come out in later blogs of mine!!!! In the meantime as a famous comedian used to say "Its all good fun" Take care of yourself ~ Mike Owen
Comment: